IDIS is the Integrated Data and Information System. It
will become the common software environment for all Planck data
simulation and analysis tasks, and for information, software, and
data exchange within the Planck consortium.
IDIS will have five components:
- A process coordinator for running complex data simulation
and analysis pipelines in a distributed, heterogeneous computer
- A software repository for storing and maintaining all
software used throughout the Planck consortium.
- A document management system for all types of documentation
produced by the Planck consortium.
- A data management component, which is essentially a
data-base engine wrapped in a layer of access interfaces.
- A federation layer which enables the previous four
components to interact.
All IDIS components exist and are available for the Planck community at the
IDIS home page.